I Am A Hawk


This story all started when an earthquake happened in a far distance. Trees fell down, wind blew very fast, and loud cracking noise was everywhere, land tore down to two pieces. After the disaster, a young farmer happened to pass the area. He saw a broken nest under a tree that attracted him. It seemed like it fell down from a tree because of the quake. He found an egg in the nest. He was amazed to see its size as it was much bigger than chicken eggs. He decided to take the egg home to have one of his laying hens to brood it.

After a few week, the giant egg finally hatched following other eggs that had hatched before. It was a bird, looked like chicken but just bigger. The hen thought the bird was just like her other chicks, so she raised him. Ever since, he lived with other chicks. He ate, made noise and played with his fellow chicks. He felt like the members of the family.

One day, up on the sky, there was a hawk flying around fearlessly up on the sky. He flew around, went down and circled in the air like the king of the air. From the distance, his eyes carefully watched all around to find targets. At the same time, the weird chicken looked up at the sky and felt excited to see the hawk.

"Wow, what is that flying up there in the sky ? It was so great, so brave and the wing is so beautiful. The voice is roaring up there, I can hear it from here," he said excitedly. Then he turned sad. " I wish I could fly like that. I must be very proud and happy," whispered the bird


One day, the hawk flew down circling the young bird. "Hey, you….!" shouted the hawk. "Why do you just look up to the sky and walk, not fly …" Come on, you have to fly…!"
The young chicken was so surprised. "What, you want me to fly? You are not serious are you? I cannot fly. I was born to walk," answered the young chicken.
"You are wrong…? You are a hawk. You can fly just like me!" shouted the hawk to remind him of what he really was.
"No. I am different from you! I do dream that I could fly like you, but this is my faith. I will never fly."
The hawk began to lose his patience. Then he flew up and down as fast as he could, he grabbed the bird with his feet and took him flying. " Now, get ready, I will let you off…spread your wings as hard you can !"
And hop… the hawk let him off in the air. He was so afraid; he pushed himself to spread his wings as hard as he could. After a few moment, he could control his balance and fly. He just realized that he really could fly. " Hi I am flying. I don't fall. I am really flying… I really can fly !" he shouted very loudly and happily.
He then happily started his new life as hawk. " I am a hawk. The land is not my place. I don't have to walk to find food. I belong to the air. I will fly wherever I want, I will travel the world.

Dear readers,
The story reminds us of all good potencies we have deep inside us. As human being, all of us have talents and potencies. But most of the time, we just do not see it. We never realize their existence. They are buried deep down inside because we dare not to try to push them out. Like what I always say, "All things are impossible simply because we never try them."

If I look back and think about my formal education, that I never finish my elementary school, it seems that it is impossible for me to be a motivator, Indonesia's No. 1 motivator as the media says. Speaking on stage, sharing spirit to hundreds or thousands of audience, sharing experience in seminar, all of them are activities that I have never imagined before. I really do not believe that it happens to me.
I never blame my parents that I never go to school, not because I am not smart. It was due to the condition of my family that stopped me from finishing my school. With such a background, it is normal if I am poor, stupid and I have failed my life. I should be a blue collar worker; such as office boy, porter or others.

I realized with minimum formal education that I posses, I must drive my self with strong effort. I promised that I must study and study, work hard and be tough in living this life. I don't want to give up to my condition. I always know that what I am doing is basically right. I always learn and work hard. And as the result, there is no single effort in this life that does not bring any result to me; even you can enjoy the joy in short time.
Now I am in a phase of life in which I can enjoy and harvest the result of my hard work and strong willingness to keep on learning. Today, I can stand tall and greet everyone one," Great success, excellent." I also always try to share my philosophy of life to anyone who would like to learn from me, "success is my right. " Success is my right, your right. It belongs to anyone who strives hard for it.

Let's find and improve all your potencies. You will be surprised to find out how great you are.
The above inspirational story is extracted from the book:
"16 Wisdom & Success, Classical Motivation Stories"
For complete reference, please order the book at
AW SUCCESS SHOP :
MALL ARTHA GADING
Lantai Dasar - Blok A3 No. 6,7,8
Telp. 021 - 4586 3967
Jln. Yos Sudarso - Jakarta Utara

MALL CIPUTRA
Lantai 1 No. 35, Telp. 021 - 5695 4848
Jln. S . Parman - Jakarta Barat


http://www.andriewongso.com/artikel/aw_artikel

No comments:

Post a Comment